Skilled Trades Jobs are In Demand ...whatever your passion.
- Apprenticeship programs provide a non-traditional pathway to a career in a skilled trade at minimal expense.
- You actually earn while you learn.
- Apprentices perform real work on real construction projects – hands on work.
- Avoid thousands of dollars in college loans, work and earn a paycheck during training.
- Most apprenticeships in the construction trades range from 2 to 4 years.
- Apprentices are paid on a graduated scale as their skill and experience increases.
In the apprenticeship system, proficiency in skills earns "journeyperson status." For the most part, the day-to-day training of an apprentice is conducted by a journeyperson who trains under guidelines set by the employer, and which conform to State and Federal standards.